Yard Waste & Leaf Collection
Yard waste is collected throughout Town on Wednesdays and should be at curbside by 6:00 a.m.
- Placed in paper bags or reuseable bins that are clearly marked "Yard Waste"; or
- If branches and limbs, be bundled with rope or string (do not use wire) and must be less than 5 feet long; and
- Weigh less than 75 pounds.
NOTE: Bamboo is prohibited and must be disposed of as residential trash.
The Town's fall leaf collection services will begin in early fall and run through January, weather permitting. DPW will also vacuum leaves from Town streets during that time.
In order to make the leaf collection process work as efficiently as possible, residents are encouraged to:
- Rake leaves to the curb. Pile leaves away from cars and storm drains. The leaf vacuum cannot reach around cars.
- Remove tree limbs, rocks and other debris from leaves to be collected. They can damage the equipment and cause delays.
- Put bagged leaves (in paper bags or containers clearly marked as "Yard Waste") out on Wednesdays with yard waste. Do not place bagged leaves with regular trash.