Accessory Structure Grant Program
This matching grant program aids Town residents seeking to demolish, improve, repair, and /or replace accessory structures on their property, which includes, fences, detached garages, sheds, and certain walls. In addition, this program allows for residents to replace chain-link fences in their entirety with fences of different materials. The removal of a chain-link fence or any dilapidated fence or other accessory structure when no fence or accessory structure is being installed as a replacement, is also an eligible use. The purpose of this program is to enhance the overall appearance of residential properties for quality housing and neighborhoods.
Eligible Applicants: Any owner-occupied single-family residential property in good standing with the Town.
Eligible Uses: Repair or replacement of accessory structures such as; fences, detached garages, retaining walls, and sheds.
Ineligible Uses: Any work performed on primary structures or other non-accessory structures on the premises, and any work to repair chain-link fences (grantees will only be awarded for the replacement of these fences). This incentive program does not waive any permit or development related fees imposed by the State, County, or Town.
Grant Amount: The maximum amount of the grant will be $1,000 for each awardee. Awardees must demonstrate a dollar-for-dollar match (1:1).
1) Applications must be completed online or mailed to Town Hall (5008 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, Maryland 20737) or sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) A staff team will review the applications and make approval for funding.
3) Grantees will be notified of the award.
4) The Town will disburse the approved grants as reimbursement once grantee provide record of payment for the work.
Prior to submitting this application please note:
● Grantees must own and reside in property (for which the grant applies to) within the corporate limits of the Town of Riverdale Park and must follow all Federal, State, County and Town laws, codes, rules, and regulations at the time of application and remain in compliance throughout the funding period.
● Grantees must continue to reside within the Town of Riverdale Park at least one (1) year after receiving this grant. Grantees who fail to comply with this provision will be subject to recoupment by the Town for the full grant amount.
• Grant funds are administered as a reimbursement. Grantees are required to submit proof of expenditures that match the grant application. Please contact the Office of Development Services at 240-825-5333 for any questions about this grant program.