Office of Finance Services
Finance Services Mission Statement
The mission of the Office of Finance Services is to maintain the public trust by safeguarding, and accurately accounting for, the assets of the Town, providing optimal financial service to a wide range of constituents including residents, taxpayers, businesses, agencies, and employees of the Town while abiding by all laws, ordinances, regulations, and policies.
The Office of Finance Services is responsible for accounting and reporting of the Town's financial operations, preparation of the operating and capital budgets, billing and collections, payroll services, purchasing, information systems and related functions.
The Office of Finance Services serves as a strategic business partner to:
- Promote actions to achieve the Town's priorities
- Provide excellent service to internal and external customers
- Establish and maintain sound fiscal policies
- Deliver a clear and accurate picture of the Town's current and future financial position
- Improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and integration of the Town's business processes
- Proactively report on, analyze, and recommend actions for improvement
The Office of Finance Services is located at 5008 Queensbury Road, Riverdale Park, MD 20737. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday, except holidays. Payment may be received in the form of Check, money order and cash. Please make all checks and money orders payable to “Town of Riverdale Park.” A charge of $35 will be assessed for any returned checks.
Paul Smith, Director of Finance & Employee Services firstname.lastname@example.org
Gentry Jones, Finance Program Specialist email@example.com