Residential Trash Collection
Residential trash is collected by JEDA Trucking on Mondays and Thursdays.
When one of the following holidays falls on a trash collection day, trash will not be collected until the next scheduled collection day: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
Do's and Don'ts
- Set out trash container at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on Mondays and Thursdays.
- Place trash in durable, leakproof bags before it is placed in trash container.
- Be sure that the container lid is tightly closed to keep rainwater out- this will help to reduce spillage.
- Place excess household trash beside the issued trash container.
- Clearly label and place items hazardous to collection staff (such as broken glass, etc.) inside the trash container or an impervious disposable container.
- Keep trash container clean.
- Do not place recycling items in trash container.
- Do not place hazardous materials such as oil, paint, poison, caustics, explosives and pressurized tanks inside the trash container.
- Do not throw syringes in container inside of bags. These must be disposed of in a Sharps container. If none is available, cap needles and place inside a plastic bottle, such as soda bottle, with the lid on it. Place inside the trash container.
- Do not discard the following items with trash: roof shingles, dirt, rocks, concrete, bricks, tree trunks (over 3" diameter), stumps, pressurized containers, explosives, paint (unless paint is dry in cans), poisons, caustics, any hazardous materials, construction and demolition debris, asbestos, free liquids, sewage, sludge.
- If your trash items were not collected on the collection day, please file a Missed Collection report via our Trash Concerns app.
- Reports may also be made by calling Town staff at (301) 927-6381.
- If your trash was not collected and a notification tag was left behind on the trash container, please note the reason why the items were not collected.
The Town provides backdoor (on-premises) trash pickup for the elderly and residents with disabilities who are not able to bring their trash to the curb. For more information, please call (301) 927-6381 or submit a request via the Town's Trash Concerns app.
Replacement Trash Container Requests
To request the replacement of a damaged residential trash container, residents should call JEDA Trucking at (240) 604-6077. A replacement container request may also be submitted using the Town's Trash Concerns app. Look for "Replacement Toter" in the drop-down menu. This page may take a few seconds to load - refresh page if necessary.
Please note: damaged containers must be available for removal or a replacement will not be issued.
Disposing of Bamboo
Bamboo should be placed in a trash container or tied together in bundles no longer than 4 feet long and 12 inches across. Bamboo may also be dropped off at the Public Works building on Bulk Trash Drop off Saturday but is limited to a maximum of 15 bundles (4 feet by 12 inches) on a given drop off day.
Bulk Trash Drop off Saturday the Public Works facility takes place on the 3rd Saturday of every month from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. The Public Works facility is located at 5012 Queensbury Road.
Report a Concern
To report a concern, call (301) 927-6381 or submit a request online via the Town's Trash Concerns app.
The Trash Concerns app can be used to: order a new trash can, report missed collections, report any other trash-related concerns.
Visit www.riverdaleparkmd.gov and click on the Trash Concerns icon.